World Best Stovetop Dill EVOO Popcorn
This World Best Stovetop Dill EVOO Popcorn is fluffy, flavorful, and never burned. Experience the ultimate popcorn recipe with a variety of seasonings to choose from, depending on your style and mood. Our OLiV Premium Dill EVOO not only adds substantial flavor as a secret ingredient but also provides an attachment for your seasonings to not fall to the bottom of the bowl. With enhanced health properties and taste, you'll never want to buy store bought/ bagged popcorn ever again. This recipe works beautifully with our Dill EVOO and Butter EVOO!
- 3 to 4 tablespoons Dill EVOO, more for later
- ½ cup corn kernels
- Kosher salt
- Seasoning of your choice, (I used 3 tablespoons Za'Atar, 1 tablespoon Aleppo Pepper, and Zest of 1 to 2 limes). More options in the notes.
- Butter EVOO (Optional, great for dairy free, enhanced health)
Heat the oil in a large saucepan with 3 popcorn kernels over medium-high heat until shimmering. Watch for the kernels to pop, as soon as they do, the oil is ready (quickly remove the 3 popcorns, so they don’t burn).
Add the rest of the popcorn kernels and cover the pan. Shake the pan to make sure the kernels are in one single layer. Cook, covered, over medium-high heat, listening for the kernels to all begin to pop, gently shake the pan back and forth a couple times. (It helps to keep a small opening at the top to allow for venting so the popcorn does not turn soggy).
Once the popping has slowed down to one pop every few seconds, the popcorn is ready (it helps if your saucepan lid is glass like this one so you can see through).
Remove the lid and transfer the popcorn to a large bowl. Immediately drizzle with a bit of extra virgin olive oil and Butter EVOO. Season generously with Kosher salt and other seasonings of your choice (I used the Za’atar, Aleppo, lime zest). Toss to combine. Taste and adjust seasonings to your liking. (More popcorn seasoning options in the notes).
- For tangy, spicy popcorn (with a Middle Eastern twist), try what I used in today’s recipe: olive oil, kosher salt, Za'atar, Aleppo Pepper, and lime zest. Za’atar is herby, tangy and nutty, complemented perfectly by bright lime zest. And piquant Aleppo pepper, with its distinctly sweet, sharp, slightly spicy taste, adds just a bit of a kick.
- For savory popcorn: Olive Oil, kosher salt, and nutritional yeast. Nutritional yeast is the perfect seasoning if you want cheesy flavor but also want vegan popcorn seasoning.
- For sweet popcorn: Olive Oil, cinnamon, and a dash of brown sugar. This will satisfy your sweet cravings without making your teeth hurt!