Shrimp Pasta With Lemon Oil
Beautiful, bright, and delicious flavors join together in this incredible Shrimp Pasta dish. Reminiscent of the Amalfi coast, you can expect fragrant lemon, clean simple Italian flavors, all with some fresh seafood to pair it with. Make sure you use a great olive oil (it doesn't actually get cooked), so a good quality oil will give it a lot of impactful flavor. This recipe works beautifully with our Lemon Pepper EVOO and Italian Herb with Garlic EVOO !
- 1 pound pasta, (such as fusilli lunghi, pictured)
- 2 tablespoons of Italian Herb with Garlic EVOO
- 2 shallots, (diced)
- 2 garlic cloves, (minced)
- 16 ounces fresh shrimp, (or frozen and thawed)
- 1/4 cup lemon juice, (from about 1 large or 2 small lemons)
- 1 lemon, (zested)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 ounces arugula, (about 3 packed cups)
- 1/2 cup of Lemon Pepper EVOO
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- For the pasta: Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Add the pasta and cook until tender but still firm to the bite, stirring occasionally, about 8 to 10 minutes. Drain pasta, reserving 1 cup of the cooking liquid.
- Meanwhile, in a large, heavy skillet warm the olive oil over medium heat. Add the shallots and garlic and cook for 2 minutes. Add the shrimp and cook until pink, about 5 minutes. Add the cooked linguine, lemon juice, lemon zest, salt, and pepper. Toss to combine. Turn off the heat and add the arugula. Add the lemon oil to the pasta and toss to combine. Add some of the cooking water to desired consistency. Add the chopped parsley to the pasta