Pistachio Crusted Salmon
The secret is out! Encrusting fish in finely chopped nuts gives it a crispy crust and helps keep it moist. Use this recipe to enhance your salmon to the next level. A great conversation starter and nice twist that the entire family can enjoy. This recipe works beautifully with our Pistachio Balsamic and Frantoio EVOO!
- 1 cup raspberries and/or strawberries (fresh or frozen) roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup Pistachio Balsamic
- 1 tablespoon sugar, or to taste
- 1 pound fresh salmon filet, skinned, boned and cut into 4 equal filets
- 1 cup roasted pistachios, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons Frantoio EVOO
- Heat berries, balsamic and sugar in a small saucepan until berries become saucy, about 5 minutes. If dry, add 1-2 tablespoons of water. Bring to a boil, cover and simmer until fish is ready.
- Dredge salmon filets in the ground nuts, coating all sides. Heat a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Add olive oil. When oil is hot, add fish and sauté until fish is golden brown on both sides, about 4 minutes per side, depending on thickness of the fish.
- Transfer to warm dinner plates. Drizzle fish with berry sauce, serving extra on the side.