Recipe adapted from cookieandkate.com.
- 2 tbsp. OLiV Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO) of your choice
(we used Butter EVOO)
- ½ tbsp. Popcorn Kernels
- Sea salt, to taste
- Heat a large pot to medium heat and combine the EVOO and 2 popcorn kernels. Cover the pot and wait for the kernels to pop (this may take a few minutes). In the meantime, place a large serving bowl near the stove so it’s ready when you need it.
- Once the kernels pop, turn off the burner, remove the pot from the heat and pour in the remaining popcorn kernels. Cover the pot again, and give the pot a little shimmy to distribute the kernels evenly. Let the pot rest for 60 seconds to make sure the oil doesn’t get too hot before the kernels are ready to pop.
- Turn the heat back up to medium, put the pot back onto the burner and continue cooking the popcorn, carefully shimmying the pot occasionally to cook the kernels evenly. Once the kernels start popping, tip the lid just a touch to allow steam to escape.
- Continue cooking until the popping sound slows to about one pop per every few seconds.
- Remove the lid and dump the popcorn into your serving bowl. Sprinkle the popcorn with sea salt (to taste) and add a drizzle of OLiV EVOO. Toss the popcorn and serve!
Some of our favourite Extra Virgin Olive Oils to use:
For a cheesy flavour = Parmesan EVOO
For a kick of spice = Hot Pepper EVOO, Jalapeno EVOO or Lemon Pepper EVOO
For those pickle lovers = Dill EVOO