Skip to content
- 1/2 cup of OLiV Extra Virgin Olive Oil (we used Leccino EVOO)
- 3/4 cup natural cane or granulated sugar
- 2 eggs or 2 batches flax eggs (2 tbsp ground flaxseed + 5 tbsp water)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp OLiV Balsamic Vinegar (we used Chocolate Jalapeño Balsamic)
- Optional: 1/2 cup add-Ins (chocolate chips, nuts, etc)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and oil your preferred pan (small or large muffin tin, baking pan).
- If using flax eggs, prepare in a small bowl and let rest for 5 minutes.
- In a mixing bowl, combine EVOO, egg (or flax egg), sugar, vanilla, baking powder, salt, OLiV Balsamic Vinegar and cocoa powder. Lastly, add the flour and optional add-ins.
- Pour batter into preferred pan and bake for 20-25 minutes, until a toothpick comes out with just a few crumbs.
- Remove from oven and let cool in the tin on a cooling rack.
- When serving add an additional drizzle of OLiV Balsamic Vinegar.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 3 days, or freeze for long-term storage.